I’M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS POST. Spoiler alert: I ran THREE TIMES last week, for a total of 10 MILES! Might not sound like much, but this is the first time in a long time* that I’ve run more than 2x in a week and double-digit mileage in a week.
* I looked it up … the last time I ran 10 miles in one week was March 2015. Has it really been that long???????
AND!!! MY KNEE DOESN’T HURT. At least … not like it did last year. Now there’s some new weirdness on the inside of my right knee but it’s not while I’m running and only when I have my leg in certain positions and not every time, so let’s not think about that. (It’s also the opposite knee and a different kind of pain.) It’s not stopping me from running (or doing anything), so that’s cool.The thing that really clued me in on my previous knee pain was how it felt to walk down stairs after a run (later that day or the next day). I have been feeling none of that pain. I hope this sticks! My guess is all the strength I’ve built up over the past couple months paid off, so I need to keep it up.
Anywho, last week’s workouts:
Monday: 3.5mi run, 39:32, 11:16 pace
Wednesday: I was exhausted. I bet you were too?
Thursday: 3.1mi run, 32:31, 10:23 pace
Saturday: Burlesque rehearsal and 3.5mi run, 35:54, 10:25 pace
Thursday. Running around Logan Square. I’m the blur.
Confession: I started an Instagram account for my cat. I regret nothing.
- TOTAL STEPS: 79,810; DAILY AVERAGE: 11,401 steps
- TOTAL DISTANCE (minus biking): 36.63 miles; DAILY AVERAGE: 5.23 miles
- TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED: 78; DAILY AVERAGE: 11 floors
- TOTAL CALS BURNED: 16,390; DAILY AVERAGE: 2,341 cals
- I didn’t keep up with tracking calories in
- AVG SLEEP DURATION: 7 hrs 29 min
So! Week 1 of half marathon training is done. Let’s see how this goes!