1. I have done almost zero Christmas shopping. Oops. Luckily I have a very short list. My family of origin isn’t really into gift giving (although we still like to do something for each other, and I do want to maintain Cool Aunt status), and my husband takes care of his family.
The one thing I have purchased is Ten Days or Whatever of Kwanzaa from Cards Against Humanity for my husband.
2. I think I did something to my back during my run on Tuesday. One of the recommendations post-VGA was to increase my cadence, which would shorten my stride. I decided to wing it during my run, and I think I tensed up the entire time. I tried running with a metronome last night, but gave up halfway through. It’s a work in progress.
3. We played Whirlyball on Wednesday for our department holiday outing. I did not let my stiff back hold me … back. Although I am terrible at Whirlyball. Still a lot of fun though.
4. As of right now, 17 women have RSVP’d for my burlesque workshop. Including my mother. At my encouragement. I’m making progress on the choreography … I’m glad I have another week to work on it. I’m so surprised at the turnout though! I would have been impressed if five showed up. I guess there is still time for everyone to back out.
5. We are on Day Four of the Nike+ Chiberia Challenge. My team is, uh, bringing up the rear so far. There’s still time.
How are you doing on your holiday shopping? Have you ever tried to change your cadence? Have you ever played Whirlyball? Would you do burlesque with your mother? What is the meaning of life? And what should we do for New Years?