I have a lot of catching up to do. It’s been a month. I’ll stick to the highlights.
About a month ago, we went to a co-ed baby shower for Paula and her baby daddy. Here are my bros and their beers. Not pictured: the spiked punch I was drinking. I’d rather show them … this blog needs more beards.
Also that weekend was the Oscars! I celebrated with the Windy City Blogger Collective at Crossing Tavern. They had themed cocktails. I enjoyed the Captain Phillips – Dark ‘n Stormy.
Photo Source: Windy City Blogger Collective
The following weekend, I hosted a Clothing Swap. I made sangria for it, and people seemed to like it. I didn’t get a pic, but this is the recipe I followed for the red sangria, I also made white sangria with the same recipe, but white wine instead of red.
My sis-in-law was also in town that weekend, and that night I met her and her beau at Three Dots & A Dash.
The night went downhill from there and let’s just say I didn’t make it to brunch with the Wurst Running Club Ever the next morning. #AmateurHour
This was just a random Friday night dinner with my boo at Laschet’s Inn. (Best sauerkraut ever, in my opinion.) Sometimes I just really want champagne. (OK … all the time.)
Beers I drank this month (* = new to me)
- * Monk’s Café Flemish Sour Red Ale by Brouwerij Van Steenberge <— my fave
- Petrus Aged Pale by Brouwerij De Brabandere
- * The Worst Driver Award by Spiteful Brewing
- Anti-Hero IPA by Revolution Brewing Company
- * Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale by Boulevard Brewing Co.
- * Cross of Gold by Revolution Brewing Company
- Secret Stache Stout by Finch’s Beer Company
What have you been drinking lately?