Normally I skip these (so … sorry to anyone who has tagged me), but I was digging Mo’s questions. So even though she didn’t tag anyone, I’m answering:
1. Compression socks/sleeves – Do you race in them, or just use them for recovery? I have raced in the them, but I honestly don’t know if it helped. Lately I’ve been wearing them for recovery.
2. What is one of the half marathons on your bucket list? Bayshore Half Marathon in Traverse City. Or the full. I love Traverse City and the course goes along the bay.
3. How do you display your race medals? I have a hanger, but it’s not hanging on the wall. It’s more like a weight so the medals can hang over the side of a bookcase. But then the medals outweighed the hanger, so I have my most recent medals sitting on a shelf.
4. Which 2013 movie are you most looking forward to? Anchorman 2. I really hope it doesn’t suck.
5. What is your go-to post-race treat? Schoop’s. After the Chicago Marathon, I made my husband go get me a chocolate shake and a burger with everything.
6. Best book you’ve read recently? The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
7. How do you keep track of your running stats? App, paper log, internet, or a combination? I wear a Garmin and download my runs to DailyMile.com and RunningAhead.com
8. The NCAA tournament – who ya got? I picked Gonzaga. Fail.
9. Describe your perfect race weather. Mid-50s, overcast, no rain.
10. What kind of toppings are on your favorite burger? Everything. No matter where I am. Everything. However they do it. If I’m at home, or I can pick my own toppings? Ketchup, mustard, tomato, onion, relish, avocado.
11. Firefox, Chrome, or IE? Chrome. Why is IE even on this list? =P
And … 11 Facts About Me:
1. My brothers and I each share a birthday with a different cousin.
2. I used to work as a lifeguard, and I took swim lessons for years and even taught swim lessons, but I have a weird fear of deep water. And by deep, I mean like … I even get nervous if it’s 5 1/2 feet. (I’m 5’7.) I don’t know why.
3. When I started college, I wanted to major in computer science. I took a programming class and thought it was BOO-OORING. I ended up majoring in communication. I’ve been working in PR & marketing ever since I graduated.
4. When I was a kid, I hated pizza. Why, I have no idea. At my sleepovers, we had hot dogs.
5. I love green olives, kalamata olives, but crappy canned black olives are just wrong. And if you’re new, my cat’s name is Olive.
6. When I was a child, I had an imaginary friend named Jenny.
But then I got a real-life best friend named Gennie (Genevieve).
7. When I was in kindergarten, my teacher was demonstrating something (don’t remember what) by dividing us into groups based on our hair color. I was the only redhead, so I was all by myself in the corner of the class rug. It was awkward and mildly traumatizing.
I’ll never be alone again thanks to my sis-in-law.
8. I have no tattoos or piercings and have never dyed my hair. I’m too indecisive to get something permanently etched on my body. And redheads dying their hair is sacrilegious.
9. I was on Mathletes in high school. That’s right, I did competitive math. AND I was in band. I’m not just a runnerd … I’m a legit nerd.
10. I have never lived more an than hour from downtown Chicago. By car or train. And I hope this is always the case.
11. The main reason I have bangs is to hide my gigantic forehead.