A few years ago, my mom got an awesome cornbread recipe from her friend Nora, and it has since become my family’s go-to cornbread recipe. And it is delicious. Recently, I made a batch for a blogger meet-up, and the ladies seemed to like it, so here you go. It’s a very moist, dense cornbread.
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)*
- 1 can cream-style corn
- Two 8-1/2 oz packages Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 16 oz sour cream (can use plain yogurt or milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- Diced jalapeno (optional)
- Diced cilantro (optional)
Mix ingredients. Pour into greased 9×13 dish or pan, or two 8×8 dishes or pans. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes (or until sticking a knife in comes clean).
Nutrition facts: I don’t know. Not good. There is a whole tub of sour cream and a whole stick of butter in there … #FatFluential