A few years ago, my mom got an awesome moist Jiffy cornbread recipe from her friend Nora, and it has since become my family’s go-to cornbread recipe. And it is delicious. It’s very dense but also very creamy and moist, almost like a cornbread casserole. Recently, I made a batch for a blogger meet-up, to go with the chili that was our main course, and the ladies seemed to like it, so here you go. This would be great for a Superbowl party or chili cook-off but is delicious enough to be a great side dish with anything.
Moist Jiffy Cornbread Recipe
Cornbread Recipe Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 can cream-style corn
- Two 8-1/2 oz packages Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 16 oz sour cream (or plain yogurt or milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- Diced jalapeno (optional)
- Diced cilantro (optional)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained) (optional)
Cornbread Recipe Directions
- Mix all ingredients, either by hand in a bowl or in a stand mixer with a paddle.
- Pour into greased 9×13 dish or pan, or two 8×8 dishes or pans.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes (or until sticking a knife in comes clean).
- Let cool a little bit before serving.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Regarding optional ingredients:
- Adjust or omit the jalapenos to achieve the level (or lack) of spiciness
- Cilantro is a polarizing flavor, so consider omitting altogether, unless you know everyone you are cooking for likes cilantro
- I didn’t like the whole kernels of corn in the cornbread, so I personally leave out the can of whole corn that the original recipe calls for.
Nutrition facts: I don’t know. Not good. There is a whole tub of sour cream and a whole stick of butter in there.