Monday: Track workout with Kelly! We both did Run with Jess‘s virtual Olympics and wanted to bang out the short distances together. My times: 1500m = 6:36; 800m = 3:21; 400m = 1:20; 200m = 35.3 seconds; 100m = 17.8 seconds.
Wednesday: 8mi in 1:13. I did the middle miles at marathon effort, overall pace for those miles = 8:45, and HR for those miles = 155.
Thursday: Group run with the FNRC, 4mi in 40 min, 10:05 pace, avg HR = 136.
Saturday: 17 miles in 3:07, 11:00 pace, avg HR = 140. New personal distance record!
Total miles: 34 (new weekly record!)
Total time: 6hr, 4min
On the left: Kelly and me on the track (Photoshopped, in case you couldn’t tell from my lack of shadow).
On the right: I was late and missed the group picture, but doesn’t that look like a fun group to run with??
- Obviously the highlight of the week was my 17 miler. I was up “late” the night before, and Saturday’s temps were predicted to be great, so I skipped my group run with CARA, “slept in” and did my run solo starting at 9am. It was actually kind of nice. I could just go at my own pace, stopping at home or a water fountain or for a walking snack break as needed. The last couple of miles were the toughest of course, but those 17 miles weren’t as bad as I thought 17 miles would be. But, as Vera has told me, if you keep your heart rate low enough, you could go on forever.
- 17-miler food & stuff, in case you care: breakfast was an English muffin with peanut butter and half of a banana, during the run I ate the other half of the banana, two raspberry fig newtons and 5 pretzel rods (not the giant ones but … medium ones), and I ran with a handheld water bottle, refilling it along the way. I didn’t run with compression sleeves, and my legs didn’t feel any worse than my long runs with them, so I might only use those for recovery or when my legs are sore. I didn’t have to pee during the run, but I think I lost 3 lbs, which isn’t bad, but I could drink more water.
- The track workout with Kelly was a very close second for the highlight of the week. I love running fast!
- No strength work this week. Oops.
- I have been skimping on sleep lately and it is really starting to catch up with me. I’ve had a couple opportunities to sleep in recently, and it has felt so good. So I really need to make sleep a priority. (Duh squared.)
- 55 days until the Chicago Marathon!