Miles Ran: 115
Time spent working out: 24hr, 36min
Races Raced: One – Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon
Festivals attended: Two – Taste of Chicago and Whiting’s Pierogi Fest
Photo on the right from the very talent Teresa (who was also one of our wedding photogs and friend of many years)
Number of books finished: Three. Now that I’m commuting by train, I have time to read! Sure, I could have read before … but I was lazy.
- The Land of Painted Caves. This was the sixth and final book in the Earth’s Children series. What did I think? Well, it took me well over a year to finish it, if that’s any indication (granted up until a month and a half ago, I very rarely made/had time to read). This series started off so well, but as it went on, the books kind of fell off. To the point where I found this book to be pretty boring for the first half (or so). The last part of it kind of picked up, so I got through it much faster, but overall, it was kind of a let down. But I only got into the series six years ago (the last time I was commuting via Metra), I can only imagine the disappointment of people who have been reading it since the first book came out 30 years ago.
- The Beach House. This was a pretty standard summer read / chick lit. I think I picked up this book for free at the last clothing swap I attended. It kept me entertained on the train for a few days. That’s about it.
- In Her Shoes. Pretty decent for “chick lit.” I think I picked up my copy at a clothing swap or maybe a resale store. I enjoyed the story; definitely looked forward to reading it each time I got on the train. But it’s funny, growing up I always wanted a sister. But now that I’m an adult, and I see the relationships of my close friends with their sisters, I realize brother-sister relationships are much less stressful. Not to say that sister-sister relationships aren’t wonderful and fulfilling, it just seems like there is usually some drama/tension/etc. I also watched the movie, and enjoyed it. I thought they did a good job translating the story to film.
- what are the 5 colors of the ninja turtles
- freeballing in chicago
- i ran my first half in 1:48 [well I hate you]
- late night body painting in chicago
- it’s hot but i have to train [I know right? FWP]
- runners insect face
- first world problema at work i actually have to work
- where’s my underwear gif
- how to enjoy free balling
- is crisco bad for wetsuits
Not much else happened in July (other than marathon training and lots of time commuting), so here are some photos of sunrises and my cat:
And now it’s August … before the month is over, I’ll be in a new age group …
Don’t forget! Super Awesome Running Stuff Raffle for the American Cancer Society.Win lots of goodies for as little as $1!
And I’m giving away an entry to Fort2Base.