I have a free registration to give away for the Kahru 5K this Saturday (June 9) morning! The race coincides with 13.1 Chicago, which I am running. If you’d like a chance to win, just leave a comment letting me know! I’ll pick a winner around 9pm on Tuesday, June 5 because you have to register by June 6.
Also, as you may have read already on some other blogs, Allstate Life Insurance Company and non-profit organization Give Your Sole are giving half marathon runners the chance to leave a unique footprint on local communities as part of a shoe donation program around Allstate Life Insurance SM 13.1 Marathon® Series races.
- Beginning with the Chicago 13.1 Marathon on June 9, race participants, spectators and local residents can donate moderately used athletic shoes to benefit homeless shelters and missions in race markets. All shoes collected in Chicago will be donated to Breakthrough, an organization that provides shelter, meals and other services to homeless men, women and children within the city.
- In addition to the Finish Line Festival, race participants and local residents will be invited to donate shoes at 2012 race packet pick-up events leading up to the race. Participating Allstate® agents will assist with collecting donations by inviting customers to drop off shoes at their local agencies. In Chicago, donations will also be collected at participating Fleet Feet Sports store locations (N. Lincoln Ave. and N. Wells St. in Chicago, and at E. Schiller St. in Elmhurst) until June 10.
- To celebrate the program launch in their hometown of Chicago on June 9, Allstate Life Insurance Company has teamed up with Chicago Bears’ 2012 first-round draft pick Shea McClellin to interact with runners and encourage donations at the Allstate Life InsuranceSM Chicago 13.1 Marathon® Finish Line Festival, held at the South Shore Cultural Center.
- I’m extending last week’s photo challenge – your favorite “Seen on My Run” photo. I’ll post results on Tuesday. So send in your pics!
- I am also giving away lots of other fun stuff – a race medal display or bib holder, a Running Chics hoodie, headbands from Active Bands (which are also good for dancers, yogis, people who want to keep their hair out of their face, etc!) And by “giving away” I mean in exchange for your charitable donations.