|Post RnR Chicago 2011|
1. Favorite race and why? So far, the 2011 Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon. I ran it with my cousin, so it was fun to do a race together. The wave start went fast; not a lot of waiting around. We kept an easy pace, and it was an enjoyable 13.1 miles. The weather was perfect – overcast, 60s, with some rain. (Definitely not typical for Chicago in August.) The course is awesome (through downtown Chicago and the near west and near south sides). I’m signed up to do it again in 2012.
2. Were you a Princess or TomBoy? Generally I was more “girlie” than tomboyish. I played with dolls, but I would go fishing. I wore dresses and skirts, but also went through a grunge phase and dressed like a boy (I have older brothers and no sisters, so I copied their “style”). (I could go into a big feminist rant about socialized gender roles … but this isn’t that type of blog.)
3. Who or what inspires you, and why? I know I’ve said this before on here, but the reason BFF Ultra Vera runs ultras is because she wants to see what her body is capable of. Now she’s inspired me to find out what my body is capable of!
4. Do you have more “online” friends or real life friends? Real life friends. But does it count if I now only interact with some of them online?
|Was I the only girl who didn’t
wear pastel to senior prom?
5. 20 Year Class Reunion … are you going? I think Facebook killed my high school reunion. My 10-year reunion was planned (for 2010) but ultimately canceled. I still keep in touch with my closest friends from high school anyway.
6. Do you prefer flowers/candy, or save the money? Honestly I love getting flowers. Sure they are expensive and die, but once in awhile it is nice to get something pretty just because.
7. If you were rich and famous and had the guts to name your kid something outlandish, what would that be? First and Middle name, please! I have a feeling our kids might end up with names that others will find outlandish, regardless of our lack of celebrity status. I love the name Shoshannah. My husband likes Heinrich (I would call him Henry), Vladimir and Gerhardt. Middle names will probably come from our family trees. Maybe I’ll go crazy and use my paternal Grandmother’s maiden name, Poehling (pronounced pay-ling) as a middle name for a daughter. Or my maiden name (Schwartz) for a middle name for a son.
8. You’re in a marathon, on world record pace, and you have to “go.” Do you stop for a port-o-pot, and possibly miss the world record, or do you go in the street for the world to see? I would follow Paula Radcliffe‘s lead and go in the street. It’s a world record. The running community will understand.
9. Why do you run? I honestly enjoy it. Even in the cold. It clears my mind. Also I love the way it makes me feel. It didn’t happen overnight, but I feel better than ever. I don’t need naps anymore. I drink less coffee. Also, I’m not gonna lie, my body looks better than it ever has in my adult (18 and over) life, and I love that.
|I like group runs the most when they are
followed by coffee and a cookie exchange
10. Favorite type of run: Group, Solo, Tempo, Long Run, Speed Work? Group runs are fun! Tempo runs and speed work make me feel fast! Long runs make me feel accomplished! Don’t make me pick one!
11. Most adventurous “out of character” thing you’ve ever done? My parents read this, and possibly some of my co-workers as well. Some things I’m keeping to myself.
1. What’s your sign and do you think you are a typical ___? I’m a Leo. They are known for enjoying the limelight. If I was born one day later, I would be a Virgo. They are known for being organized and analytical. That sounds more accurate.
My 11 Questions:
- Why do you run?
- What other athletic things do you enjoy?
- Where did you grow up?
- Why do you currently live where you do?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- Do you know how to do something that not everyone can do?
- What foods do you hate?
- What kind of car do you drive, and why did you buy it?
- Have you ever quit anything? Why?
- What was your major? If you could go back in time, would you pick something else? (If you didn’t go to college, what would you major in if you did?)
- Where did you go to college? Why? (And if you didn’t go, why?)
Tagged (I tried to tag people who haven’t already done one of these):
Sara / Gingerfoxxx
Genevieve / Everybody’s Doing It, I Think
Courtney / Run, Courtney, Run
Erin / Eri-thon
Lindy / Losing Lindy
Megan / Watch MeGo Run
Kiah / Good For Me Girl
Kelsy / Ready Set Feast!