Recently, I had the opportunity to try out the Amazfit Bip smartwatch. It features a watch, GPS-enabled fitness tracking, optical heart rate sensor, sleep tracking, smartphone notifications and alerts, and boasts a 30-day battery life. It also looks pretty sleek and feels very lightweight.
The battery life on this watch is insane compared to other smartwatches and fitness trackers. Typically, I charge similar watches every day while I’m in the shower. I still haven’t charged this watch since the initial charge, and after 2 weeks, the battery is at 55%. I’m at that level after two days with a Garmin.
I really like the sleek design.
One drawback is that the GPS isn’t quite as accurate, although it is pretty close. Typically, after every run, no matter the watch I’m wearing, I plot the route on DailyMile.com. The route tracked by the Amazfit Bip was 2-3% longer than the actual route run. (So, up to 0.03 extra miles per mile – which is a lot better than some devices.)
Additionally, the optical heart rate sensor worked by taking my HR every minute and averaging that. So, it wasn’t quite as accurate as sensors that continuously monitor the HR, but this might be one factor that works in favor of the battery life.
The rest of the data – sleep, steps, calories – seemed pretty accurate based on what other watches track.
I just put the watch on.
Metrics tracked during a run – time, distance, pace, heart rate.
- Record-breaking battery life: Up to 30 days with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal notifications.
- Super lightweight: Comfortable to wear every day, as well as for sports and sleep tracking.
- Notifications: Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, and other apps on the color touch display.
- Multisport tracking: Track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats, and heart rate zones.
- Latest technology: GPS, 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer, and compass.
- Always-on display: the reflective color touch screen is always on and provides an at-a-glance view for time, date, steps, weather, sports stats etc.
Keep track of:
- Running (indoor and outdoor) and cyling workouts
- Steps taken
- Calories burned
- Miles covered
- Average heartrate
- Sleep (including a breakdown of light and deep sleep)
And at $99.99, it’s much more affordable than similar watches.
Want to try it out yourself? You have a few options:
Amazfit Summer Fitness Challenge: Participate in their 5-week campaign aimed at inspiring, motivating, and enabling you to go outside, get fit, and have fun – pick up a new sport or achieve a new personal best. Participate in conversations around summer fitness and win Amazfit smartwatches and other great prizes. Check out their curated Spotify playlist to rock out your workout and check out their interactive personality quiz to help you pick a new summer sport. Learn more.
Enter my giveaway: CLOSED
Buy via Amazfit.com and save 20% with code MAGMILERUNNER
Buy via Amazon