March was a disappointing month. Because of my ankle. I had the opportunity to train for the Shamrock Shuffle with Nike. I had two shows booked and was working on a new act. But I was stupid and careless and it resulted in a rolled ankle. So I had to scale back my workouts. I couldn’t dance in heels. (But I made it work and performed in flats.) It’s a month later and I still feel a little bit of tenderness, although it seems to be less and less, so I’m hoping that with a little more rest, it’ll be gone and I can get back into my usual routine.
But, it’s wasn’t all bad. Good things happened.
- I still hit my Shamrock Shuffle goal – beat last year’s time.
- I went to my first Bulls game.
- My alma mater, Loyola, made it to the Final Four for the first time in my lifetime. (I know I had nothing to do with that, it was just fun to watch.)
- I wrapped up two volunteer projects with the Arts & Business Council and kicked off a new one – and I’m stepping up as Team Lead for the first time.
- I had fun performing in my first bar show and also debuted a new act that people (ok, my friends) seemed to like.
- I met with four different current Loyola students in a mentoring capacity.
- I got to spend time with my parents on three different occasions, I got to see all of my nieces and nephews, and I got to spend time with my best friend.
I list out these things because lately, I’ve been feeling like “I’m not living my best life … but what does that look like for me?” It helps to remind myself that I’m still filling my time with what is important to me.
Fitness by the numbers:
- Total miles = 20
- Total number of workouts = 15
- Total time working out = 11 hours, 10 minutes
This was my lowest month in over a year. BUT, I was trying to rest my ankle (without giving up my obligations, even if they were just goals I set for myself).
My first Bulls game / Icing my ankle
Workouts at Nike’s House of Go
Nike Training Crew
Kitten Von Purring
Checking in on my actual 2018 goals:
I wanted to get through the Shamrock Shuffle first, now my plan is to make it to a ninja gym at least 2x per month.
No Knee Pain
Success! Let’s not talk about my ankle.
I still haven’t applied anywhere. Oy. Although I don’t plan on enrolling anywhere until the fall or next winter.
I’m teaching another Strong & Sexy workshop at Vaudezilla next weekend.
More Focused Freetime
I created a new act – which included choreography and a costume – so I actually have something to show for my freetime. (I’m waiting on the photos and video of said act.)